Item Number: INT-BUDGET
Technology Integration: Business Studies, Language Arts, Math, Visual Arts
Technology Skill: Graphics, Spreadsheet, Word Processing
Program: Excel Online, Google Apps, Google Docs, Google Drawings, Google Sheets, Office 365 Online, Word Online
Includes: Financial Literacy Lessons, Money Management Activities using Google Apps or Office 365 Online, TechnoBudget Teacher Guide, Printable Student Workbook, Paperless Worksheets, Extension Activities, TechnoBudget Parent Letter, TechnoBudget Certificate, Budget Skill Summary, Spreadsheet Checklist, Spreadsheet Marking Sheet, Report Marking Sheet, Sample Spreadsheet Workbook, Sample Budget Report, Idiom Sample
Assignment 1: Money Management and You
Introduce budgeting and rate money management style.
Assignment 2: An Unexpected Windfall
Explain a practical reason for a financial windfall. Select budget categories.
Assignment 3: Discover Spreadsheets
Learn spreadsheet terminology and practice basic skills.
Assignment 4: Calculate your Budget
Divide a budget into categories. Use AutoSum to calculate totals.
Assignment 5: Create a Pie Graph and Edit the Budget
Create a pie graph. Adjust the budget based on the amount allocated for each category.
Assignment 6: Create a Spending Plan Worksheet
Design a spending plan table. Calculate taxes, track totals, and show overspending.
Assignment 7: Plan a Shopping Spree
Visit online stores. Make purchasing decisions and record information in the spending plan table.
Assignment 8: Use a Bar Graph to Summarize Spending Plan
Create a bar graph of the spending plan. Examine the allocation of funds.
Assignment 9: Spreadsheet Checklist
Complete a checklist to examine the content of the spreadsheet workbook.
Assignment 10: Justify Financial Choices in a Report
Use Google Docs or Word Online to write a report. Support reasoning with graphs.
Optional Financial Literacy Activities using Google Apps or Office 365 Online
- Compare Purchasing Options: Research to locate the best deal for an item.
- Use Functions to Analyze Spending: Calculate sum, average, minimum, maximum, count.
- Filter and Sort Data: Sort data alphabetically and numerically. Filter by condition or value.
- Category Comparison Table/Graph: If-then formulas, sheet and absolute cell references.
- Credit and Debt: Calculate the cost of borrowing and the time needed for repayment.
- Consumer Awareness: Rate corporate responsibility.
- Money Idioms: Use a drawing program to illustrate a popular saying about money.