Item Number: SNR-INVESTOR
Technology Integration: Business Studies, Language Arts, Math
Technology Skill: Desktop Publishing, Spreadsheet, Word Processing
Program: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel
Stock Market Simulation: Teacher Guide, Printable Student Workbook, Paperless Worksheets, Extension Activities
Handouts and Assessment Tools: TechnoInvestor Parent Letter, TechnoInvestor Certificate, Summary of Skills Checklist, Company Profiles, TechnoStock Exchange Listings, Money and Markets Newsletters, Stock Certificates, TechnoDollars
Samples: Investment Portfolio Sample, Investor Report Sample
Stock Market Simulation
Will stocks rise or fall? Data breaches, product recalls, new services, management changes, and industry awards influence stock prices. Where should you invest your TechnoDollars?
- TechnoAir Airlines: manages fifth largest airline in the nation
- TechnoMotor Company: manufactures a wide-range of vehicles
- Pizza King: operates fast food chain with more than 2500 restaurants
- Green Power: develops renewable energy products
- Kids Bank: provides banking, insurance, and wealth services
- Ruby Games: designs online action-adventure games
- Pets R Family: sells pet supplies, healthcare plans, and vet services
Session 1: The TechnoStock Exchange
Research companies listed on the TechnoStock Exchange (TSE). Where will you invest?
Session 2: Calculate Value of Stock Holdings
Based on business reports buy and sell shares. Record financial transactions using Excel.
Session 3: Are you Making or Losing Money?
Continue to trade. Apply conditional formatting to investment portfolio to highlight earnings.
Session 4: The Rise and Fall of Stock Values
Trading continues! Graph the history of one stock and forecast its future value using a trendline.
Session 5: History of Earnings
Complete the final trade. Analyze earning history of the investment portfolio using a bar graph.
Session 6: Investor Report
Write a report using Word. Include an explanation of earnings, current stock holdings, and recommendations for further financial growth.
Optional Stock Market Simulation Activities
- Stock Market on the Internet: Track actual companies.
- Data Bars and Icon Sets: Advanced formatting tricks.
- Bearish or Bullish? Learn about stock market terms.