Assignment 1 Cameras and Artists
Recognize moments in the history of photography.
Assignment 2 Study the Digital Camera
Label camera parts. Identify benefits to digital photos.
Assignment 3 Explore Elements of Design
Learn about form, color, texture, shape, space, and line.
Assignment 4 View Digital Scrapbooks
Study a contact sheet, presentation, and photo gallery.
Assignment 5 Prepare a Photo Collection
Capture a series of photographs.
Assignment 6 Introduction to Photoshop
Examine uses of photo editing software.
Assignment 7 Explore Photoshop
Set the workspace, view tools, edit settings, and adjust panels.
Assignment 8 Have Fun with Filters
Experiment with filter effects to create four unique images.
Assignment 9 Create a Scrapbook Page
Scale, rotate, warp, and arrange images on a page.
Assignment 10 Practice Retouching
Crop, fix red eye, remove spots, and adjust color.
Assignment 11 Retouch a Photo
Repair imperfections to enhance photo quality.
Assignment 12 Create with Layer Styles
Apply a style to images on a page.
Assignment 13 Adjust the Color
Modify color, contrast, brightness, shadows, and highlights.
Assignment 14 Recolor a Photo
Turn an image into colorful artwork.
Assignment 15 Create with Brush Strokes
Apply a decorative pattern to a page.
Assignment 16 How to Superimpose
Produce an unbelievable scene.
Assignment 17 Superimpose Images
Make a fake picture look real.
Assignment 18 Create with Shapes
Frame a photo or add symbols onto a page.
Assignment 19 Transform a Photo
Apply learned photo editing techniques.
Assignment 20 Create with Bending Text
Wrap text around a shape on a page.
Assignment 21 Create a Digital Scrapbook
Combine pages to form a scrapbook.
Optional Photoshop Lessons for Beginners
- Blurring the Background: Trace an object and apply a blur filter.
- Crop a Picture into a Shape or Word: Use a shape or stencil to crop a photo.
- Color One Part of a Grayscale Picture: Paint over a photo to recolor an area.
- In Jail: Combine images to make it appear as if a person is in jail.
- Lost City of Atlantis: Superimpose images to create a fantasy scene.
- Create a Reflection: Duplicate, flip, and distort images to make a reflection.
- Word Cloud: Fill a shape with text.