Item Number: INT-BUDGET
Technology Integration: Business Studies, Language Arts, Math, Visual Arts
Technology Skill: Graphics, Spreadsheet, Word Processing
Program: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Paint, Google, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Drawings, Office Online, Word Online, Excel Online
Includes: Financial Literacy Lesson Plans, Google Sheets or Excel Activities: TechnoBudget Teacher Guide, Printable Student Workbook, Paperless Worksheets, Personal Finance Extension Activities
Money Management Handouts and Assessment Tools: TechnoBudget Parent Letter, TechnoBudget Certificate, Budget Skill Summary, Spreadsheet Checklist, Spreadsheet Marking Sheet, Report Marking Sheet
Personal Finance Sample Files: Spreadsheet Workbook, Budget Report, Idiom
STEM Integration Lessons: math and financial literacy with spreadsheet technology skills
Assignment 1: Money Management and You
Realize the importance of budgeting. Rate money management style.
Assignment 2: An Unexpected Windfall
Invent a practical reason for a financial windfall. Establish budget categories.
Assignment 3: Discover Spreadsheets
Work with columns, rows, and cells to arrange data in a worksheet.
Assignment 4: Calculate your Budget
Divide a budget into categories. Compute totals using AutoSum.
Assignment 5: Create a Pie Graph and Edit the Budget
Analyze the budget using a chart. Allocate funds to meet criteria set for each category.
Assignment 6: Create a Spending Plan Worksheet
Build a table that calculates taxes, track totals, and uses conditional formatting.
Assignment 7: Plan a Shopping Spree
Determine items to purchase by visiting online stores. Record information in the spending plan.
Assignment 8: Use a Bar Graph to Summarize Spending Plan
Create a graph. Modify the labels, layout, style, and legend. Scrutinize the distribution of funds.
Assignment 9: Spreadsheet Checklist
Verify the content of the budget, spending plan, and chart sheets. Print the workbook.
Assignment 10: Justify Financial Choices in a Report
Prepare a report that explains the budget and spending plan. Support reasoning with graphs.
Financial Literacy Lesson Plans to Teach Money Management
- Compare Purchasing Options: Research to locate the best deal for an item.
- Use Functions to Analyze Spending: Calculate sum, average, minimum, maximum, count.
- Filter and Sort Data: Sort data alphabetically and numerically. Filter by condition or value.
- Category Comparison Table/Graph: If-then formulas, sheet and absolute cell references.
- Credit and Debt: Calculate the cost of borrowing and the time needed for repayment.
- Consumer Awareness: Rate corporate responsibility.
- Money Idioms: Use a drawing program to illustrate a popular saying about money.