Item Number: PRI-BOOKMAKING
Technology Integration: Geography, Health, History, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies
Technology Skill: Word Processing
Program: Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Google, Google Slides, Office Online, PowerPoint Online
Includes: Bookmaking Activities, Technology in the Classroom, Google Slides and PowerPoint Lessons: TechnoBookmaking Teacher Guide, Printable Student Workbook, Paperless Worksheets, Extension Activities
Handouts and Assessment: TechnoBookmaking Parent Letter, Bookmaking Certificate, Bookmaking Skill Summary, Writing Checklist, Book Marking Sheet, Bookmaking Unit Sheet
Bookmaking Templates: Tiny Picture Book Template, Flip Book Template, Riddle Book Template, Layer Book Template, Bookmark Template, Card Template, Accordion Box Template, Accordion Heart Template, Accordion Zig Zag Template, Unfold Story Template, Fact Template, Flip Flap Book Template, Flip Flap Sounds Template, Story Template
Sample Books: Tiny Pets, Tiny Toys, Flip Farm, Flip City, Flip Habitat, Riddle Animal, Riddle Job, Layer World, Layer Seasons, Bookmark 1, Bookmark 2, Card Greeting, Card Invitation, Accordion City, Accordion Love, Accordion Week, Flip Habitat, Unfold Surprise, Unfold Bed, Fact Biography, Fact Volcano, Story Play, Story Skate
STEM Integration Lessons: language arts with word processing technology skill
Assignment 1: Make a Tiny Picture Book
Publish a mini wordless picture book using an accordion style template and images.
Assignment 2: Create a Flip Flap Book
Write and illustrate a story using a template that reveals a hidden object behind a flap.
Assignment 3: Make a Folding Riddle Book
Devise clues to create a riddle book using a template with tabs that unfold to display the answer.
Assignment 4: Design a Layer Book of Facts
Summarize facts using a template that includes layered headings to classify information.
Assignment 5: Craft Bookmarks
Express a love of reading by adjusting the object order of text and images to design bookmarks.
Assignment 6: Send an Invitation or Greeting Card
Design an invitation to a book sharing event or make a thank you card for an author.
Assignment 7: Share Books
Celebrate authorship. Start a book club, lead a bookmaking workshop, or exchange stories.
Integrate Technology in the Classroom
Optional Word Processing and Language Arts Activities
- Discover Accordion Style Books: Use templates and folding techniques to make books.
- Make Flip Flap Books: Make a story with a hidden item below a flap. Book ideas included.
- Write a Story That Unfolds: Create a story with pages that unfold to show a surprise ending.
- Build Fast Fact Books: Make a book with strips that peel away to show facts.
- Publish Story Books: Write a story using a template. Activity includes story starter ideas.
- Get Story Ideas: Use a story generator to pick a character, setting, and plot.
- Plan a Story: Organize ideas using a planner to sketch the beginning, middle, and end.