Item Number: PRI-BOOKMAKING
Technology Integration: Geography, Health, History, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies
Technology Skill: Word Processing
Program: Google Apps, Google Slides, Office 365 Online, PowerPoint Online
Bookmaking Activities, Lessons for Bookmaking, Google Slides and PowerPoint Activities: TechnoBookmaking Teacher Guide, Printable Student Workbook, Paperless Worksheets, Extension Activities
Handouts and Assessment: TechnoBookmaking Parent Letter, Bookmaking Certificate, Bookmaking Skill Summary, Writing Checklist, Book Marking Sheet, Bookmaking Unit Sheet
Bookmaking Templates: Tiny Picture Book Template, Flip Book Template, Riddle Book Template, Layer Book Template, Bookmark Template, Card Template, Accordion Box Template, Accordion Heart Template, Accordion Zig Zag Template, Unfold Story Template, Fact Template, Flip Flap Book Template, Flip Flap Sounds Template, Story Template
Sample Books: Tiny Pets, Tiny Toys, Flip Farm, Flip City, Flip Habitat, Riddle Animal, Riddle Job, Layer World, Layer Seasons, Bookmark 1, Bookmark 2, Card Greeting, Card Invitation, Accordion City, Accordion Love, Accordion Week, Flip Habitat, Unfold Surprise, Unfold Bed, Fact Biography, Fact Volcano, Story Play, Story Skate
Assignment 1: Make a Tiny Picture Book
Create a mini wordless picture book using an accordion style template and images.
Assignment 2: Create a Flip Flap Book
Format text and insert images to make a flip book that reveals a hidden object behind a flap.
Assignment 3: Make a Folding Riddle Book
Arrange text boxes to write a riddle book that unfolds to display the answer.
Assignment 4: Design a Layer Book of Facts
Use a layer template to organize information with headings to categorize facts.
Assignment 5: Craft Bookmarks
Adjust the object order of text and images to make bookmarks that express a love of reading.
Assignment 6: Send an Invitation or Greeting Card
Design an invitation to a book sharing event or make a thank you card for an author.
Assignment 7: Share Books
Share books with an audience. Suggestions provided.
Bookmaking Lessons for Elementary Students
- Discover Accordion Style Books: Use templates and folding techniques to make books.
- Make Flip Flap Books: Make a story with a hidden item below a flap. Book ideas included.
- Write a Story That Unfolds: Create a story with pages that unfold to show a surprise ending.
- Build Fast Fact Books: Make a book with strips that peel away to show facts.
- Publish Story Books: Write a story using a template. Activity includes story starter ideas.
- Get Story Ideas: Use a story generator to pick a character, setting, and plot.
- Plan a Story: Organize ideas using a planner to sketch the beginning, middle, and end.