Bookmaking Ideas to Celebrate Learning
Are you looking for bookmaking ideas? TechnoBookmaking has activities for making flip, folding, and accordion style books. Once students have finished making their stories, showcase their work. There are many ways to share students’ books with others.
Create a Real Audience for Students’ Books
- Book Nook: Place your books on a classroom shelf. Classmates can read the books.
- Reading Circle: Form a small group. Take turns reading your stories.
- Book Buddies: Visit the kindergarten classroom to read books to the children.
- Book Exchange: Pair up with a fellow student. Take turns reading each other’s books.
- Book Launch: Promote a book. Make a poster to encourage readers to read your story. Create copies of your book and sign them for fans. Give away your book to friends and family members.
- Book Booster Club: Form a club. Read a book. Each reader shares one thing they really like about the book. Comments can be about the storyline, illustrations, computer skills, or creativity.
- Book Talk: Share your favorite book with the class or a small group. Talk about the story or design. For example: Where did you get the idea? What problems did you need to overcome? Why is it your favorite? What did you learn? What would you do differently next time?
- Library Display: Arrange books on a table top. Create an eye-catching sign such as Beautiful Bookmaking, Grade 2 Bookmakers, or Discover Our Budding Authors.
- Bookmaking Workshop: Pair up with a student from another class. Show them one of your books. Teach the student how to make their own book.
- Young Author’s Conference: Be a local author and bookmaking expert. Team up to organize a school-wide conference. Invite students from other classes to learn how to make books. Read your stories to attendees and lead them through a bookmaking activity.
Discover Bookmaking Ideas and Activities
Integrate technology into language arts. Use the step by step instructions and templates in TechnoBookmaking. This project contains bookmaking ideas suitable for Grades 1-6.