Did you notice that Adobe Bridge can no longer create a web photo gallery? No problem. You can make a Lightroom web photo gallery instead. A web photo gallery is a website made from HTML files that displays a series of images using hyperlinks. The home page shows thumbnail images of all scrapbook pages in a grid. When a thumbnail is clicked, a full-size image appears in a frame. A web photo gallery is a creative way to view Photoshop documents. In the past, a web photo gallery option could be made using Adobe Bridge. However, since the recent Adobe update this is no longer available. However, you can use Adobe Lightroom Classic to create a web photo gallery instead. Lightroom Classic is a photo organizer with editing features.
Prepare to Import Files into Lightroom Classic
Before importing your Photoshop documents into the Lightroom Classic Library, export each file as a PNG with a unique filename. This will keep the original pages intact, and will help to avoid issues that can occur during import. Place the files into a Student Name Gallery folder to stay organized.
- Use your skills to create a new folder in your student folder. Label it Student Name Gallery.
- Export each Photoshop document as a PNG into the Student Name Gallery folder.
- When finished, close Photoshop CC.
Import Files into Lightroom Classic Library
You need to add the folder to the Lightroom Classic Library. This will import the photos into the program. You can then use Lightroom Classic to create the web photo gallery.
- Open Lightroom Classic CC.
- In the left pane, in the Folders area, select the Add button. Select Add Folder.
- Select the Student Name Gallery folder. Click Select Folder.
- The files in the folder should be selected. From the top bar, select Add.
- Click Import.
Create a Lightroom Web Photo Gallery
The web photo gallery in Lightroom Classic is similar to the version that used to be available in Adobe Bridge. The output will look and function the same.
- Select Web from the bar along the top.
- Select the Classic Gallery layout style.
- Click Preview in Browser to see what the template will look like.
- Close the browser tab to return to Lightroom.
- In the Site Info area, type in a site title, collection title, collection description, contact name, and web or mail link.
Export the Web Photo Gallery as an HTML File
- At the bottom right corner, click Export.
- Go to the location where you placed your student files.
- Type Web in the File name box.
- Click Save.
- Close Lightroom.
View the Web Photo Gallery
- Go to the location where you saved the Web folder. Open it.
- Double click the index.html file to open the photo gallery in a web browser.
- Click a thumbnail to see a full-size image.
- Click Previous or Next to view each scrapbook page.
- When you are finished, close the web browser tab.
Looking for More Photo Editing Ideas?
TechnoKids has updated TechnoPhotoshop to work with the latest version of Adobe Photoshop CC. Filter, retouch, and superimpose images. Discover how easy it can be to use professional photo editing tools to create unique images.