Free Holiday Ecards for Kids, Promote Digital Literacy
Are you interested in free holiday ecards for kids? Take a look at Greetings Island. It has a collection of greeting cards and invitations that can be downloaded, printed, or sent online.
Have your children or students send electronic greeting cards to friends, family, or classmates. Ecards are a great way to let someone know they are important. The gesture of sending a greeting card can mean a lot to the recipient. It can also help people stay connected.
Aside from the personal connection, sending ecards has educational value. Children can practice their writing skills. In addition, it is a relevant way to communicate digitally with others.
Have Fun Sending Free Holiday Ecards for Kids
What makes Greetings Island a fun place to send ecards?
- Fast and Easy! It is simple to make a card. The icons make it easy for young children to know which options to select.
- Personalize It: Kids can upload a photo from their device. This adds a personal touch.
- Suggested Greetings: Emerging writers can select from a bank of text options, without having to write their own message.
- No Email Address Required: If the sender is too young to have an email address, they can download the ecard or print it instead.
- Lots of Choice: Holiday greeting cards are fun to send – but so are Get Well, Good Luck, Teacher Appreciation, and Thank You cards. Greetings Island has a wide range of categories.
Tips for Getting Started with Sending Free Holiday Ecards for Kids
Before you start having everyone in your classroom or home sending ecards, you should visit Greetings Island first. Explore the site to view the selection in the online collection. This will help you to direct younger children to appropriate categories. For example, Funny has some cards that include text or images that might not be suitable for your age group. However, the category Kids has some great options that kids will like to send. If you want more options for sending ecards, check out Free E-Card Sites for the Classroom.
Since Greetings Island is free, there are advertisements. Some ads link to different card sites. This can be confusing to young users. It is recommended that before having your students or children create ecards, give them a quick tour of the site. Help them to differentiate between an advertisement link and a card selection.
Ecards and Digital Literacy
Ecards are one way to promote digital literacy. You may also want kids to send email, chat, or post on social media safely. TechnoInternet has many activities designed to teach safe online practices.