Batch Convert Images Using Windows Live Photo Gallery
Do you need to reduce the file size of more than one photo at a time? It is fast and easy to do a batch conversion of photos using Windows Live Photo Gallery. Windows Live Photo Gallery is a free program from Microsoft. If you have Windows 7 or 8 you can download this program.
- Open Photo Gallery.
- From the left pane, select the folder with the photos.
- Select the photo thumbnails that you wish to convert to JPG format. To select all the photos in a folder, use Ctrl-A.
- Right click on the selection.
- Click Resize.
- Select a size such as Smaller or type in a Custom dimension.
- Create a new folder to save the photos:
- Click Browse in the Save to area.
- Select the folder with the original folders.
- Click Make New Folder.
- Type resized as the folder name.
- Click OK.
- Click Resize and Save.
- The photos will be resized. You will now see duplicate photos in the pane. This is because Photo Gallery displays all the photos in the main folder. Do not worry! Your resized photos are in the resized folder. Click on the resized folder to see just the smaller images.