Intro to Computers Essential Bundle
Item Number: PROMO-ESSENTIALS
Technology Integration: Business Studies, Computer, Geography, History, Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies
Technology Skill: Internet, Presentation, Spreadsheet, Word Processing
Program: Excel, Excel Online, Excel Survey, Google, Google Docs, Google Forms, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Microsoft Office, Office 365 Online, PowerPoint, PowerPoint Online, Word, Word Online
Bundle includes 3 technology projects.
Each technology project has lesson plans for students in Grades 3-9. A technology project includes a teacher guide, printable student workbook, digital worksheets, extension activities, and resources. When placing an order, select the Google or Microsoft version.
TechnoResearch - Word Processing Lessons
Teach essential word processing skills by creating a Fun Fact Card. Students brainstorm a topic and plan their research project. Next, they use strategies to retrieve quality information from reliable sources. The facts are then processed using paraphrasing techniques to transform an outline into a one sheet report. The publication is shared with others as a part of a Fun Fact Card Collection. Extension activities challenge students to develop skimming and scanning techniques, practice advanced research strategies, arrange facts in a table, and recognize primary and secondary sources of information.
- Lesson Plans: Detailed instructions explain how to create a one page report in Google Docs or Microsoft Word.
- Handouts and Assessment Tools: Research Parent Letter, Research Certificate, Research Self Evaluation, Research Skill Summary, Fact Card Checklist, Fact Card Marking Sheet
- Fun Fact Card Samples: Pioneer, Space, and Biography Cards
TechnoPresenter - Presentation Lessons
Teach essential presentation skills by designing a slideshow. An inquiry-based approach is used to formulate and investigate a question. Students research a topic and organize the facts using a range of slide layouts. To prepare for public speaking, they follow instructions to write a set of notes that accompany each slide. Upon completion, findings are communicated to an audience in an oral presentation. Additional teaching ideas explain how to collaborate with a partner, insert a video, create a graphic organizer, or animate text.
- Lesson Plans: Detailed instructions explain how to design a presentation in Google Slides or Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Handouts and Assessment Tools: TechnoPresenter Parent Letter, TechnoPresenter Certificate, Presenter Skill Summary, Presentation Checklist, Peer Editing Checklist, Presentation Rubric
- Samples: Diamonds, Mummy, Vegetables
TechnoCandy - Spreadsheet Lessons
Teach essential spreadsheet skills by organizing, calculating, and graphing data. Students investigate a problem by conducting a survey and researching candy packaging. Then they develop a plan to boost candy sales by adjusting the color of candies in a package. Based on the evidence, students recommend a solution in a written report.
- Lesson Plans: Detailed instructions explain how to organize and graph data in Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
- Handouts and Assessment Tools: TechnoCandy Parent Letter, TechnoCandy Certificate, TechnoCandy Skill Summary, Report Checklist, Report Marking Sheet, Spreadsheet Quiz
- Samples: Spreadsheet Workbook, Report, Package Design, Report Template, Package Template