Item Number: SNR-ANIMATE
Technology Integration: Media Arts, Visual Arts
Technology Skill: Animation, Graphics
Program: Animate CC
Animation for Beginners: Teacher Guide, Printable Student Workbook, Paperless Worksheets, Review Questions, Skill Reviews, Extension Activities
Handouts and Assessment Tools: Parent Letter, Certificate, Summary of Skills Checklist, Marking Sheet, Reflection Sheet
Samples: Out of this Word sample, Scene samples, Movie Ideas - Card, Flat Tire, Monkey, Moon, Pump
Session 1: Out of this World
Practice drawing objects. Use skills to create a simple scene for a space adventure.
Session 2: On an Alien Planet
Use frame by frame animation to create a hovercraft flying over alien terrain.
Session 3: Blast Off into Outer Space
Animate a flying spaceship and spinning star or comet using motion tweens.
Session 4: The Strange Planet
Morph objects with shape tweens to create an unusual moon and talking alien.
Session 5: Coming Home
Animate a dance party with the Bone Tool. Draw a motion path to land a spaceship.
Session 6: Add Sound, Export the Movie
Add sound to make the hovercraft hum, spaceship zoom, and alien talk.
Session 7: Make your own Movie
Create an animated scene, short story, or greeting card using animation skills.
Optional Animation for Beginners Activities
- Flip and Align Objects: Arrange objects on the stage or to each other.
- Using Layers: Organize content on the stage using layers.
- Create a Movie Clip: Animate a spinning star and save it as a movie clip.
- Working with Scenes: Insert, rename, and delete scenes.
- Express Yourself: Use a shape tween to morph letters.
- Export as a Video: Convert an .swf file to an .mp4. Share with friends.