UPDATE: TECHNOKIDS HAS RELEASED AN OFFICE 365 PRODUCT LINE
At least once a day a customer asks, “Are you creating Office 365 technology projects?”
I have great news! Yes, we are!
TechnoKids has already created a product line for Office 2013/2016, which is the full desktop version of Office 365. However, many educators want activities for the free web based apps including PowerPoint Online, Word Online, Excel Workbook Online, Excel Survey Online, and OneNote Online. A student can get access to these free apps by creating a Microsoft Account.
Development is underway. I know many of you need the projects RIGHT NOW! Unfortunately, it will be several months before we are able to release an Office 365 bundle. Our plan is to develop a complete product line for Grades 1-8 over the next 12 months.
Here are some of the great projects coming your way (Project names may change before the final release):
- TechnoJournal: In this project, students write a series of journal entries using Word Online.
- TechnoNewsletter: In this project, students create a fan club newsletter for their favorite musician, celebrity, or athlete. Using Word Online, they create a series of articles such as a top 10 list, word search, photo gallery, and opinion piece. The newsletter is shared with readers. Fans comment on their favorite entries and offer their own viewpoint.
- TechnoResearch: In this project, students develop research skills. They learn strategies for locating reliable web-based resources. Techniques are used to organize and cite sources of information. Students analyze their notes and summarize their findings to create a Fun Fact Card.
- TechnoProject: In this project, students collaborate with the help of OneNote. Each team creates a digital binder. Facts are then organized into sections and tagged for easy reference. The final project is shared with others.
- TechnoBudget: In this project, students plan a shopping spree. They are granted a budget. They use Excel Online to track the items they can purchase. Comparison tables are created to determine the best deal. How far can they make their money stretch?
- TechnoPresenter: In this project, students create a presentation. They organize their facts using a range of slide layouts. To help prepare for public speaking they write a set of notes to accompany each slide.
- TechnoToon: In this project, students create a digital story using PowerPoint Online. Characters and callouts are sequenced to produce an animated comic strip.
- TechnoDebate: In this project, students create an animated conversation. By sequencing the order of callout bubbles two characters discuss pros and cons to an issue. Fellow classmates join the debate, by stating their opinion using comments.
Do you want to stay up-to-date on the development of the Office 365 technology projects? Please email email@example.com. We will send you periodic updates. If there is a project you need ASAP, let us know. The schedule is flexible at this stage of development. We will try to accommodate your requests.