Item Number: PRI-START
Technology Integration: Computer, Visual Arts
Technology Skill: Graphics, Word Processing
Program: Paint, Google Apps, Google Drawings, Office 365 Online, Microsoft Office
Includes: Computer Activities for Beginners - Teacher Guide, Printable Student Workbook, Paperless Worksheets, Extension Activities, TechnoStart Parent Letter, TechnoStart Certificate, Summary of Skills Checklist, License Checklist, Computer Operator License, Computer Detective Activity, Samples, Mouse and Touch Action Cards, Computer Parts Cards, Do's and Don'ts Cards, Sign In Cards, Spy Glass, Review Activities (What is Wrong? Missing Keys on Keyboard, Match Tools)
Assignment: What is a Computer?
Recognize devices and describe computer use in daily life.
Assignment: About Parts of the Computer
Color computer parts and then solve computer riddles.
Assignment: Get to Know the Mouse
Learn about a mouse and terminology.
Assignment: Get to Know Touch Actions
Learn about touch devices and terminology.
Assignment: Practice using Mouse or Touch Actions
Become a computer detective finding parts.
Assignment: About Computer Care
Classify a behavior as a do or don't.
Assignment: Show Good Behavior
Explore the Paint or Google Drawings program. Assess behavior.
Assignment: Follow Rules for Printing
Create a picture. Print the file.
Assignment: About the Keyboard
Color the spacebar, enter, shift and letter keys in student name.
Assignment: Be the Fastest Typist in the World
Type letters and numbers. Format the text.
Assignment: Learn to Left and Right Click
Label how to perform these actions with a mouse or touch.
Assignment: Left and Right Click to Make a Design or Edit a Picture
Windows: Make shapes. Fill them using left and right click.
Google Apps: Adjust magnification to edit a picture of a dog.
Assignment: About Saving your Work
Assign a name to files. Select saving location. Know saving rules.
Assignment: Follow Rules for Saving
Explore new tools. Paint a picture. Save the file.
Assignment: Open a Saved File and Make Changes
Open a saved file and make changes.
Assignment: Earn a Computer Operator License
Complete the checklist. Earn a license.
Optional Extension Activities
- Pick the Computer to Do the Job: Connect the task to the correct device.
- Play Computer Spy Game: Solve riddles to guess the computer part.
- Label It Input or Output: Circle if a computer part is input or output.
- Turn the Computer On and Sign In: Follow proper start up procedures.
- Sign Out or Shut Down the Computer: Follow sign out, shut down, or sleep procedures.
- Sign In and Out of Google Drive: Explore the Google Drive environment. (Google Apps only)
- Keep Your Files Safe: Understand how to keep a username and password secure.
- Pick Print Settings: Customize print settings in Paint. (Windows only)
- Make a Copy to Save Time: Make new pictures based on an original.